Biryani – A Comfort Food for stay at home parents
As a stay at home parent, it’s important to find activities and recipes that make family time more enjoyable. Biryani has been a favorite in my family for generations, and I’m happy to share the recipe with you today. This flavorful and comforting dish is perfect for busy parents who need a hearty meal that’s easy to prepare.
-2 cups of basmati rice (soaked for 30 minutes)
-2 cups of chicken (diced)
-1 onion (diced)
-1 green chili (minced)
-1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
-½ tsp of turmeric powder
-1 tsp of red chilli powder
-1 tsp of garam masala powder
-3 tbsp of oil
-3 cardamoms, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf (whole spices)
-Salt to taste
-2 cups of water
-½ cup of fresh mint leaves (chopped)
-½ cup of fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
-Lemon juice (for garnishing)
-Fried onions (for garnishing)
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the whole spices. Fry for a few seconds until fragrant. Then add the diced onion and fry until golden brown. Add the minced green chili and ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell is gone.
2. Add the diced chicken, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and salt to taste. Mix everything together and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Drain the soaked basmati rice and add it to the pan with the chicken mixture. Pour in two cups of water and mix everything together. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
4. Once the rice is cooked, fluff it up with a fork and add chopped mint leaves and cilantro leaves. Mix everything together gently.
5. To serve, garnish with lemon juice and fried onions. Biryani is best served hot with raita or a simple salad on the side.
The Story Behind Biryani:
Biryani has been part of my family’s culture for generations; it’s a comfort food that we have enjoyed together since I was a little girl. The recipe was passed down from my grandmother to my mother, who then passed it down to me as an adult when I became a stay at home parent myself. Whenever I prepare this dish for my family now, it brings back fond memories of our time spent together in the kitchen when I was growing up – something that I cherish deeply even today as an adult parent!
Biryani has become an integral part of my family’s culture; it’s more than just a meal – it’s also a way for us to come together as one happy unit around the dinner table after a long day apart due to work or other commitments outside of our home life! For busy stay at home parents like me, biryani makes an ideal comfort food that can be easily prepared in just about 30 minutes – perfect for those days when you need something quick yet tasty that will satisfy everyone!
Papa John's BBQ Chicken Bacon pizza is a mouthwatering combination of tangy barbecue sauce, juicy grilled chicken, savory bacon, and melted cheese, all on top of Papa John's signature crust. In this article, we will dive into everything you need to know about this delicious menu item.
Starting with the crust, Papa John's uses their famous hand-tossed dough as the base for this pizza, providing the perfect balance of thickness and crispiness. The tangy barbecue sauce adds a sweet and smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the tender chunks of grilled chicken, giving each bite a burst of deliciousness. The addition of crispy bacon adds a savory touch that complements the other flavors perfectly.
One of the best things about Papa John's BBQ Chicken Bacon pizza is the quality of ingredients used. The chicken is always fresh and grilled to perfection, while the bacon is crispy and flavorful. The cheese is melted to gooey perfection, creating a cheesy blanket that ties all the flavors together.
Whether you're a fan of barbecue sauce or just looking to try something new, Papa John's BBQ Chicken Bacon pizza is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Its perfect blend of sweet, savory, and smoky flavors makes it a must-try for pizza lovers everywhere. Next time you're craving a delicious and unique pizza experience, be sure to give this menu item a try.